TODAY WAS THE LAST DAY OF SCHOOL!!!!!
It's always weird when another school year comes to an end. Hard to believe I have been teaching for FIVE years. This year was a little bittersweet. I had an adorable class. There were a few boys that gave me a run for my money... but overall, they were so fun. It's hard to let a good group go. You never know what's coming next!
The truly hard part was walking out the doors for the last time with my best friend. Mekensy and I were roommates at SUU. We were on the drill team together and lived it up at "the mansion". After graduating, we both taught one year at different schools and then fate brought us to the same school, good old Butterfield Canyon. We have been teaching the same grade and track for the last 4 years. I have become so close to her. We have been through A LOT together. At school everyone knew that where one of us were, you could always find the other. We have done everything together. She won't be coming back next year. The happy part is that she is having a precious baby girl this October. For that I am ecstatic, but the fact that I don't get to see and talk to her everyday, I'm so sad :( School just won't be the same.
But don't let me fool you... If her dog Wrigley doesn't make her little lady tough, Baylor will, because we'll be visiting a lot :)
(These pics are way old, but it was all I could find :)
You're the best Mekensy!!!
On another happy note... did I mention IT'S SUMMER!!! I get to spend 6 weeks with BAYLOR!!! I can't wait. So expect lots of posts, we're going to live it up.
2 comments:
Oh my... you just keep making me cry:( You are by far the hardest part of leaving. Every time someone asks how it feels to be done, I respond with... "Good, but it's so hard to say bye to Kristen". And that statement just brings tears to my eyes. It is going to be so hard not seeing you every day. I love you so much! Thanks for everything!! Words can't even explain how thankful I am to have you in my life. And I am being serious when I say... you better be calling me every day on your way to work so we can have our "every day" talks. We need to hang out lots before school starts again! Love you!
Must be a good feeling to be done with school for a bit!! Yay!! Hopefully we will see you guys sometime this summer. Maybe at the Ute Stampede/Lamb Days?? Let us know if your coming down.
Post a Comment