Thursday, March 17, 2011

LUCKY

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!
Sunday we went to my parents' for their annual St. Patty's day dinner and treasure hunt. We ate everything green imaginable as well as the traditional corned beef and cabbage. YUMMY.
Then the kids got to go on a treasure hunt. It took them all over the house with rhyming clues. Baylor wasn't quite as quick as the big kids but he thought it was fun chasing after them.
Their last clue took them to the dryer, where they opened up to find a treasure chest full of FUN!
All the items had little clover tags with their names on them. B got lots of fun GREEN things like a car, glitter ball, sippy cup, shirt, and treats.
He put his new hot rod to use right away!
And he thought his new shirt with Mickey and a rainbow on it was absolutely awesome.
Thanks Grandma JuJu for such a fun night and tradition!!!
Can you tell which child is TWO here???
Oh wait, it's mine and he DID NOT want to be in this picture hahaha
I think I'm pretty LUCKY myself to have such a sweet little wild thing in my life. Here are pics from the last 3 St. Patrick's Days :)

1st
2 months old
This one is also from his first St. Patty's but it made him look so much older!
2nd
14 months old
3rd
2 years, 2 months
I think his shirt applies to me though...
LUCKY ME! I get to be his mom :)

4 comments:

Newton said...

Isn't it true?! St. Patrick's Day now makes me think of how lucky I am too. Sweet husbands and sweet babies! Oh, and your awesome party... that I hope to crash one day!! =) I wish Grandma JuJu was my Grandma! That would make me extra lucky!

Knudsen's said...

Such a fun tradition!! I think my family needs to start something like that. Baylor is getting so big!

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Way fun tradition!! We need to start doing something fun on St. Patrick's Day, besides pinching each other.

Maranda said...

I wish I had the desire and the creativity to make holidays fun! Baylor is so cute! You are Lucky...Lucky he hasn't become the little stinker Kam is! haha :)