Saturday, December 3, 2011

SHE'S HERE!

On Monday, Nov. 28, it was business as usual. I ran a bunch of errands frantically trying to get Christmas presents taken care of and a few last minute "to do's" done before the baby arrived. We had a doctor appointment that morning where we had finalized our plans to be induced on Thursday, Dec. 1. At the last store, my mom sat in the car with Baylor so I could quickly make a return. While "hustling" in I felt one of those lovely "lightning pains" as I like to call them. That was my last stop for the day so I dropped my mom off, called Russ and made plans to take Baylor to Build-a-Bear when he got home, and headed for home. At about 6:00 I stopped at the mailbox to grab the mail, and when I hopped out of the car I got a little surprise... let the flood gates open! My water broke! I thought that only happened in the movies. I was just grinning from ear to ear and luckily it was dark so no one could see my surprise :) I drove home, got B in the house, and called Russ. Thankfully he had just got off the train and would be home in 5 minutes. I frantically starting throwing stuff into a bag. I guess that's why they tell you to pack one ahead of time lol. I was certain that they would have to start me and had only started gathering things up. My sister came over and got Baylor and we headed to the hospital. It was truly one of those surreal moments and I just kept asking myself if it was really happening. My mom met us there about an hour later and the fun began :)
From the time my water broke until I delivered our sweet girl was about 7 hours. 4 hours shorter than Baylor. I know even 11 hours is considered a pretty short labor, but not in my world. 7 was much better :) I went into labor dialated to a 4 and about 75 % effaced. The majority of the labor was getting to a 5 and being completely thinned out. After we reached that, she was delivered within about 2 hours. We had some complications right at the end, but thankfully it all worked out and the baby and I were both okay.
Introducing...
Alexis Elaine Olsen
November 29, 2011
1:06 am
8 lbs. 6 oz.
21 1/4 inches long

Love at first sight

Her first bath :)
The nurse gave her this right in my room so I got to watch
Regardless of what time you deliver, routine is the same, so we were up ALL night
The next morning Baylor got to come and meet his little sister. He wasn't sure quite what to think and was very nervous about the hospital setting in general. The first day he was pretty nervous, but by the second day, he warmed up. He brought her this cute little bear that I took him to pick out a few weeks ago. "She" also gave him a little present with some little stuffed dogs and a Big Brother book.

Day 2 he got a little closer and told us "she is so cute"

This day he and my mom brought her the cutest pink giraffe I have ever seen and some balloons. We had lots of visitors that wore masks with all the sickness going around. Russ was worried the whole time because he had sick coworkers and felt like he might be getting something, so he wore one just to be on the safe side. Avagard in... haha
We are so in love with our sweet little girl
I can't get enough of her little feet. Her hands are very girly as well. Long and skinny fingers :)
And for all of you who I told she had lots of dark hair... I wasn't kidding!!!
Can you believe her hair?! Her skin is more of an olive color too. My Grandpa Forrest would have said "it's the gypsy in her" Lots of people in my family have it, just not me...

All bundled and ready to go home.
She was 2 pounds heavier and almost 2 inches longer than Baylor!
She is still so tiny, you forget how small they are at first!
We are doing great and are busy adjusting to FOUR of us.
And remember how Baylor would tell everyone that his baby sister was coming when we put up the Christmas tree... well please believe I got all the Christmas stuff up the night before! (probably helped put me into labor!) But at least we were good on our word, she certainly delivered and came right on schedule :)
Welcome Baby Alexis, we already love you more than you'll ever know.

11 comments:

Maranda said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Maranda said...

She is beautiful! Congratulations. Girls are so much fun. Glad everything went well. You are so lucky to have such fast deliveries!

Newton said...

She is beautiful!! We love her and can't wait to see her in person! Congrats and glad that everything went well. Fun labor story about your water breaking.... you just never know if you'll get to experience that these days. I'm wondering if I'll go into labor with this one or be induced like I was with Ali.
Baylor is going to be an awesome big brother! So cute!

Robert and Ashley said...

Congratulations!! She is adorable!! I'm so glad everything went well and she is here safe and sound! Hope you guys are adjusting good! Cant wait to meet her. I love her name it is beautiful!!

Emily said...

Congratulations to you and your growing family Kristen! She's beautiful!

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

What a precious little girl you were blessed with!! She is so beautiful and such a good baby! I can't wait to get to know her little personality. We love you guys and are so thankful that mom and baby were both healthy through the process:)

Carlee Ann said...

precious! congrats! I'm so excited to meet her!

Bethany said...

I love it!! CONGRATULATIONS! You make having babies look easy, and I know that isn't the case. Baylor will be such a good big brother. It's so rewarding to watch that bond form. I'm so excited for you all.

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Congrats!! She is beautiful! I can't wait to meet her. I bet Baylor will be the best big brother a little girl could ask for. Hope you are feeling well. Love ya.

carolee said...

Oh my goodness! Darling baby and beautiful family! Congratulations to you all!!

Lyns said...

Congratulations! She is absolutely beautiful! I'm so happy for your family!