We filled the last days before Halloween with as much as we could!
We have the best pumpkin patch by my parents' house. We love it! The Saturday before Halloween Russ went up to his parents' cabin to help get it ready for winter, so the kids and I headed to the patch and we invited Grandma Juju and Papa Bill to come along.
This year B actually wanted to get on the tractors and my dad filled him in on lots of tractor facts, fun for me to hear too!
It was fun to watch him push it around in his wheelbarrow. It tipped over a time or two. He sadly thought he got to take it home though. He said mom, now I can help Dad out in the yard! Christmas idea...
Lex loved getting down and dirty with the pumpkins :) She would have stayed down in the dirt the whole time if I would have let her.
That next Monday we headed off for another of our favorite traditions, the witches at Gardner Village! Baylor actually liked them this year, we just keep doing better!!! He keeps amazing me with the things he is willing to try, especially compared to last Halloween. And his cousins are on the same track as me so they got to join us!
And the biggest surprise, Baylor saw kids taking pony rides and he asked if could do it... um YES! So I bought the ticket and sure enough, he hopped on. And he even got the white pony that he wanted, her name was Marshmallow :) They led him all through the village and he absolutely loved it.
We did a few little crafts at home...
And my Mom's annual Halloween dinner, always a hit! She never ceases to amaze me! She puts so much work into the dinner and we all have so much fun.

Baylor kept hauling around this balloon and of course after me telling him all night we needed to tie it on, it floated to the ceiling (moms are psychic geniuses). So my sweet dad went and got the super ladder and got his balloon back. Good thing there's grandparents...
Halloween morning we had orange pumpkin pancakes, yum!
And then Captain Hook got to go to his preschool Halloween party!
I had fun making these little treat bags for his class. And thanks to pinterest, I found these little labels that fit perfectly on juice boxes :)
The one and only Miss Shannon, Baylor adores her.
That night before trick-or-treating, some of our family came over for pumpkin shaped pizza
Trick-or-treating was a blast! I had so much fun making Alexis' costume. She was definitely a hit at everyone's houses. Some of our neighbors even wanted pictures of her :)
Baby cheetah accompanied us and in no time, Baylor filled his pumpkin right up. I bought him a special pirate bag, but he insisted on the pumpkin
We met up with my other niece, Aspen, who after seeing Lexi's costume decided she wanted to be a peacock too! My sister had a little harder of a task, but I think they turned out darling.
Admiring their "LOOT"
And here are the pics I had my sister do in their costumes.
I love how they turned out, thanks Michelle!
Princess Peacock
And the "pesky pirate, Captain Hook!"
I usually can't wait for Fall to get here, and this year I've been in some strange denial LOL. I had to take down 4th of July stuff to decorate for Halloween. I think it's the fact that time just keeps passing too quickly. I just haven't been ready for the warm weather and summer fun to go. But we had a blast celebrating Halloween and since I can't stop the clock, I guess we'll keep on trucking! I hope you all add your kiddos in their costumes onto your blogs, I love to see them!!


















2 comments:
They look so awesome in their costumes! Love the peacock costume, so creative, and seriously time is going by so fast, I cant believe its Thanksgiving almost its crazy!
Your week before Halloween was crazy and you still managed to get in all the activities!! I loved their cute costumes, so adorable!
Post a Comment