Sunday, December 30, 2012

ONE upon a time



So for the last month I have either been in denial or ridiculously busy, but our sweet baby girl turned ONE last month!!  I still can't believe how fast time flies.  I feel like we just brought her home.  I was so excited to celebrate her big day and had a blast making things for her party.  I spent more than a few nights staying up till all hours of the night, but it all turned out perfect and we had so much fun celebrating our little Lexi girl.  
The theme I came up with for her party was 
ONE upon a time
I attempted to make storybook invitations with pictures of her first year and a little story that went along with it.  (After I started it became a much bigger project than I had originally thought LOL)
The story read...

ONE upon a time,
in a land not far away. 
A princess was born, 
on a late November day.
  
Her arrival was enchanting,
she brings more love into her home
There's been lots of squeals and giggles,
as she rules upon her throne.

She princess of her castle
There's been lots of frill and lace
and every day's an adventure
with a smile upon a her face

Her first year went by so quickly
Time flies when there is fun
With so many adventures
We blinked and she in one.

And now there is ONE little candle
on ONE little cake
and ONE big party
we hope you can make

Please join us for the Royal Celebration
As we celebrate an amazing 1st year 
and continue writing the next chapter...

My cousin has a little company that she draws figures for people so I sent her a picture of Alexis and the theme of her party.  It turned out so cute.  




ONE upon a time Castle Clouds aka cotton candy :)
 Her time capsule.  We invited guests to bring something for her that she will open on her 18th birthday!  I also started a new family tradition of having guests sign a book for her.  I want to do this for all of my kiddos future birthdays.  Her book, of course, was the Ultimate Princess Guide.
 Another little project I dreamed up was a princess and prince station.  We gave her this vanity for part of her present and then I made/bought everything the kids needed to be dressed for the occasion.  
 I made all the little girls a crown headband and the boys a crown...
 Bought LOTS of "fancy" necklaces, rings, and bracelets...
 And made little wooden wands- another necessity for a princess :)
I think it was more fun for me to watch all of the kids when they arrived get all dolled up!
Here's sweet little Ali
 My cute niece Aspen
 I got to hep darling little Stella put lots of necklaces on, she was having a ball.
And my other sweet niece Allie
Braxton and Cole were good sports for their auntie
Our dear friend Julie and cute little James
Paisley and Stella- daughters of my besties
And of course Baylor had to get a wand for his baby cheetah.  Love that boy!
And my adorable nephew Braden and sister-in-law Britnie.  I never got a picture of Brooklyn :(
It's hard to read the sign but it said
Princesses and Princes
Dress for the Royal Celebration

We had lots of treats and yummy food.

I attempted a pasta bar for the party and it actually turned out.  We had noodles, marinara, alfredo, chicken, meatballs, bacon, the works.  



ONE upon a time water- straight from the fairytale brook :)





 While we were eating I looked around and wondered where some of the kids were... sure enough I found them jamming out in Baylor's room and jumping on the bed.  It was hilarious.  B had his sunglasses on and he and Brooklyn were dancing away and Stella and Ali were just a jumping!  That's what parties are really all about right?!

 Then came time for one of the highlights at any 1st birthday party... THE CAKE!

I had her picture taken eating cake a month before her birthday and she couldn't get enough, but I think because of all the people she was a little nervous.  
 Baylor came over a snuck a little taste of frosting and showed her how and it wasn't long until she got into the action!!
 And notice the highchair- I bought an old wooden highchair and of course painted it PINK!

 Oh I love this girl!

 Mekensy and I 
Then came time for presents

She was given so many sweet presents.  She is definitely one little loved girl.  We have the best family and friends!!



Grandma JuJu and her little lady
Grandma and Papa Bill
Grandma Debi and Papa Russ

 Her day was truly magical.  I'm so happy I was able to take the day off work and that we were able to celebrate with all of those close to us.  And if you can't tell, I'm a princess at heart and have so much fun with all the girly/princess things!  I love my sweet Alexis more than words can ever express.  I look forward to all of the next "chapters" in her fairytale and thank my Heavenly Father every single day that she was sent to me.  I Love You ALEXIS!!  Happy 1st Birthday!

And I have all of her pictures that I had taken this past year, but that will have to be a post to come!

4 comments:

Newton said...

It was an AMAZING party with every detail you could imagine... and more!! The pictures of Lexi with her cake are SO adorable! She looks so pretty in her crown!

Sean and Mekensy said...

I love, love, loved everything about this party! It was absolutely adorable and perfect! I wouldn't have expected anything less. You seriously are so amazing with all you do! It was such a fun celebration! I'm so glad we were able to share this special day with you and your sweet family! Happy Birthday Lexi Girl!

Robert and Ashley said...

Now that looks like a party! You did an amazing job, everything from the pictures looks great! I think about going all out for Makayla's birthday and I get too overwhelmed thinking about it all, so we decided to suprise her with a trip to Disneyland instead lol

Cant believe she is one! Next month Robbie will be one, its so surreal

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

The pictures do not do it justice. It turned out so adorable!! I am so glad we could be there to celebrate with you. Happy Birthday Lexi Girl, we love you!!