Last month our sweet Baylor turned FOUR! I still can't believe how fast time flies! I planned everything I could think of to make his birthday a special one. My friend gave me the cute idea of putting balloons in his room the night before his birthday so when he woke up he immediately knew it was time to party!

We decided that since he loves pirates, that would be the perfect theme for his birthday. I spent quite a few hours in the freezing garage burning the edges of the invitations. You can only see the labels here, but inside were the scroll invites, and they were what took forever!! BUT, I loved how they turned out so I guess it was worth it :)
On his actual birthday we did his first little friend party. We only invited a few kids, but he was in heaven.

When they first arrived they went to the pirate station and got all decked out to be proper buccaneers!
We played a few games like walking the plank
and pin the eye patch on the pirate
(which was a blown up picture of B in his Captain Hook costume)
All the kids got to decorate a wooden letter initial of their first name. I painted them black and they got to stamp a skull on it and decorate them with jewels.
We ate cupcakes and opened presents
And had a BLAST!
Cutest little pirates!

The rest of the day we dedicated to BAYLOR! Our little family headed downtown to Discovery Gateway, one of B's favorite spots.
Then we headed to City Creek and let him choose something from the Disney store. He chose a Jake and the Neverland Pirates cannon gun.. go figure :)
2 days later the real Buccaneer Bash began!!
We had the same pirate station set up with headbands, eyepatches, swords, and a trip to the Seven Seas tattoo parlor! We also had guests sign the book, "How I Became a Pirate"!


Here are a few pirates...
I got a cheetah balloon for our big boy cheetah and put it with a picture of him and baby cheetah :)


Dinner Time!!!
Drink up me hearties YO HO!
Lots of soda, sea water, and jolly roger juice for wee pirates
The main dish was "crows nests" aka hawaiian haystacks
Catch o' the day
The scurvy dogs weren't out of the oven yet, but they were mini corndogs and we had pirates booty for everyone
and polly shared some of her bird food
It's definitely not easy cooking for a crowd, but I got it all done and everyone left with full bellies- mission accomplished.
Next Baylor got to open presents. He got SO MANY fun presents. We have the sweetest family and friends.
A few highlights were this cheetah backpack
And he asked my mom to get a friend for baby cheetah :)
We were definitely at full capacity! I wish we could invite all of our friends, but we just don't have room!! Someday maybe!
And then it was time for cake!
Make a WISH!
All the kids got a pirate coloring book and crayons and a pirate loot bag with a few pirate necessities
We had SO MUCH FUN celebrating our Baylor boy! I really enjoyed planning his parties and hope everyone had as much fun as we did. He is definitely one special boy and deserved a special day!
Happy 4th Birthday Big Boy Cheetah!!!

































2 comments:
You are one amazing mama!! And sure know how to pull off a party! Baylor's party looked absolutely fabulous! Happy 4th to Baylor! Kristen you are awesome!
How fun!! I'm starting to think you should be a party planner. You do the cutest things!
Post a Comment