Saturday, January 10, 2009

BED REST...WHAT!

So the theme for the week is... BE CAREFUL WHAT YOU WISH FOR!!!  At my doctor appointment on Wednesday night, my doctor put me on bed rest!  Due to high blood pressure at my last 2 appointments (this week's was far worse) and a huge increase in water retention, no more work for me.  For those of you who know me well, I have a HARD time sitting still or letting people wait on me.  It's taking everything I have to let people help me!   Plus, I didn't have everything exactly how I wanted it at school, so luckily I have Mekensy to help me!  I finally finished my sub plans and emailed them so now I can finally breathe!  

My off-track time falls during my 6 weeks off, so I technically only get to miss 2 and a half weeks of work.  Plus I have to use my sick days for those anyway.  I thought I was getting ripped off, and kept saying I wanted another week or 2.  Well, now I got it.  I just have to sit here and go crazy because I can't do anything or go anywhere!!!

4 comments:

Maranda said...

That really sucks! I'm sorry...Maybe your doctor will induce you early now. Two of my sisters had high blood pressure. One was induced 2 weeks early and the other was induced 3 weeks early.

I was talking to a school teacher out here who is taking 12 weeks maternity leave. Apparently 6 weeks is the minimum you can take off, but you can actually request 12 weeks. Just a thought!

Jakoye said...

Sorry to hear that Kristen!! Hope all goes well for the next 2 weeks. Let me know how things go for you!! You're in my thoughts!!!!
Love ya loads.......

Bethany said...

Good luck!! It's so close... Just enjoy a lot of naps while you still can! I'm so excited.

Powell said...

Look at the bright side though- it's a chance to lay in bed for a while and watch some good flicks, cuz after the little man is here it will never happen again. :) well maybe till he is old enough to enjoy them with you- like Braxton's age.