Friday, January 2, 2009

Saying Goodbye

On New Year's Eve I was able to go and say goodbye to my Grandpa Forrest.  He passed away a few hours later and was finally reunited with my Grandma after 14 years.  It's impossible to tell someone exactly how much you love them and what they mean to you, but I'm so grateful I had the opportunity to try.  As hard as it is, I'm so glad he doesn't have to suffer anymore.  New Year's Eve was one of my grandparents favorite holidays.  I think my Grandma was finally ready to have her husband there to celebrate with.  He was truly one of the greatest people I have ever known and we will all miss him dearly.  Until we meet again, I love you Grandpa.

4 comments:

Bethany said...

Thanks for all the updates!! Oh my only 14 days to go!! How exciting. I have a very glamorous picture of me with only 10 days to go if you want to see me ready to burst with a baby boy too!! Just think your little stud gets to meet your Grandpa b4 he comes down to you. Pretty Cool! Good luck with the delivery and I was pics ASAP!!! I'm excitied. Will you leave your mailing address on my blog? I want to mail him a presentfor his birthday. Oh, AND you really look amazing barely even look preg in these pics!!

Maranda said...

It looks like a fun time up at Stein's...It's funny that they wanted to touch your belly. It's peoples way of saying hello to your baby. I'm sorry to hear about your grandpa.

Maranda said...

P.S. It was great to see you guys as well over the holidays. You better keep us posted on your baby as well.

The Rupps said...

Oh Grandpa Forrest. He was so Awesome. I am so sad that he is gone, but so incredibly happy that he and your grandma are together now. He was such a special man. He will truley be miss. I remember when he would let all of us teenage kids come to his house. He always would give me a hug. He was so awesome.
Good luck in the coming weeks. Keep me updated and take lots of notes...
Love ya!