Russ was able to go down to Brazil for 11 days as part of his MBA program at Westminster. It was extra exciting for him, because one of the cities they visited, Rio De Janeiro, was where he served his mission. They also went to Sao Paulo and Salvador. Looking at all of his amazing pictures only made me more jealous that I didn't get to go! Baylor and I got to hang out while he was gone though, and maybe one day we can all go back.
The picture below the stock exchange is of Russ and Tiago Cuellar, one of his companions from his mission! He and his family live in Sao Paulo and they were able to go out to dinner while Russ was there. Below that is Russ with a little girl named Beatriz that he was able to visit at an orphanage in Salvador. They were assigned a child before they left and were supposed to take them a gift. Heaven knows I jumped all over that and got her a cute baby doll and a purse filled with things from the Hello Kitty store. Russ said she absolutely loved it and wouldn't let go of it the whole time he was there. It made me so happy to hear that it made her smile. Russ said everyone teared up a lot while they were there with all of the children. I probably would have brought one home with me. The other pictures are just a few of the amazing sights of Brazil! It looks absolutely beautiful. I'm glad Russ had a great time, but more glad that he was safe and made it back home to us.
Azul Airlines- The JetBlue of Brazil
Bovespa- The Brazillian Stock Exchange
Russ and his old campanion
2 comments:
what a neat experience. You're a nice wifey for letting him go too! I'm jealous too@
That is awesome. It's always hard to have them gone though- Steve has been at the office in New York for a week. I'm ready for him to be home and so is Ruger!
Post a Comment