Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Sea World

We loved our trip to Sea World. There were "Nemos" everywhere! Baylor calls anything in the water a Nemo... I drilled him before our trip so he could spot him at Disneyland... now all fish are Nemos! Shamu was definitely the biggest and we were all fascinated by watching her. We got there early and only had to share the viewing tank with a few other people.
We were lucky enough to have Russ' Mom and Dad spend a few days of our trip with us. It was fun for Baylor to get Grandma and Grandpa all to himself. We all had a ball.

B was so excited to explore.
... and chase pigeons
And then we were off to the Shamu Show. Everyone was determined to sit in the "soak zone" EXCEPT for me. Granted it was the top row of the soak zone, but I've seen that show and I know how far those splashes can fly. I lost the battle and luckily there were no waves thrown our way.

so amazing
We got to touch starfish and pet sting rays.
There is nothing better than seeing Baylor learn and explore and discover new things.
There were the funniest and LOUDEST Sea Lions in the park. You could pay for fish and feed them so we decided to do it. (How smart is Sea World by the way, pay to get in here and then pay for our animals' food too :)
I decided to try a nibble, but by the way they were begging decided to give them all away.
Look at the guy (as in sea lion) down in the left corner. He was so obnoxious. It was hilarious. I really wish I could imitate his "bark" or have a recording of it and how he was flapping around begging for fish. The result was me giving him the last one and Baylor leaving thinking they were "dog dog"s.
It was a great day.

2 comments:

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

I love the picture where you can see Baylor's face as he is walking, adorable!

Sean and Mekensy said...

You guys are awesome. You didn't skip a beat!!!! I love how you made sure to hit everything! You really know how to plan a vacation!