Wednesday, July 7, 2010

Red, White, and Blue

So... this picture was supposed to be at the end but I forgot to add it- my bad.
This is me and my sister-in-law Britnie modeling the stuff Debi bought for the kids. The kids wouldn't wear it, so we did :) Now it's like a movie preview where you see the end result first and then see how it got to that point... this is our wild and crazy :)

We had a blast this 4th of July! We started off the festivities with the Stadium of Fire. When Russ heard it was Carrie Underwood, he knew I would want to go. He was able to order tickets through his work before they went on sale. He ended up getting tickets for his whole family.
I LOVE Carrie Underwood. She's the one American Idol contestant that I actually voted for. I'm a huge fan, so it was really fun to see her live. And she's obviously amazing in person, since that is how she made it big. Some people just aren't that great live, but she was awesome.
Baylor lasted through the first round of fireworks, and then he decided they were scary and loud. At least I got to watch part of them. (and no, this is not my face when he decided he was done) BUT this is how much I loved the show.
After the big event and the miserable hour and a half attempt to exit the parking lot (Baylor threw up twice because he was crying so hard in the car)...we headed up to the Stein Eriksen Lodge. We finally got to sleep about 2 a.m. and then woke up to another fun day.

We FINALLY got to meet little Makayla. She is the daughter of our friends Rob and Ashley. She was born a month after Baylor and we have been so anxious to get them together. They live in Arizona and so we haven't got a chance until now, but she is a doll. It was pretty much impossible to get a decent picture and I got a small taste of what people with twins go through. Twins seem like so much fun until you actually have a baby. They kept me hopping.
Sunday afternoon we went to the annual 4th of July BBQ that the lodge hosts. It has the most delicious food, I always look forward to it. B was a huge fan of the watermelon carving station. Have you ever seen yellow watermelon? I tried to go outside of my box and try it and it tasted the same. Kind of fun.
Patriotic- I know :)

This is Baylor and his cousin Brooklyn.
Please look at their legs...
They were both holding the same leg up because they didn't like how the grass felt. It was so hilarious.
My little superstar. B would not wear any of the funny stuff Debi bought. Luckily I snapped this fast enough because after I put them on, they were on their way off.
Another highlight of the night was the band. At least Baylor thought so. He is obsessed with dancing. Anytime music comes on wear hear "dance dance" and he starts jammin. Every time I tried taking him back inside he would get mad and tell me "dance." So we would venture back outside and he would do his thing. The band would just smile at him.
B with "Ma Ma Debi and Papa"
The Olsen Clan minus Trevor and Amanda
The following morning we hit the pool.
The weather was perfect. We enjoyed splashing in the pool and just relaxing. It was a great way to finish off a fantastic 4th of July weekend.

5 comments:

Newton said...

Your 4th of July looks like it was SSOOO fun! And the weather looked beautiful! I MISS all that good stuff in Utah! :( And you girls looked awesome in your patriotic stuff- I don't see why you didn't wear it the whole weekend! Love that cute Baylor!

Maranda said...

What a fun weekend. I love Carrie Underwood. I would have loved to see her sing! Baylor is so cute. Kam and him have the dancing thing in common. She loves music. It would be so much fun to get them together.

Emily said...

I love this weekend. Staying at the lodge and eating yummy deer valley food? heavenly!

Bethany said...

You are a holiday freak. I love checking your posts after holidays. They are always fun. BTW I wanted you to know Cache has a special feature of crying until he throws up too!!! (when it's really dramatic of course) :) It's a fun one! :) I love B's NY hat... Such a groovy little guy.

Robert and Ashley said...

I'm so glad we were able to get the kids together and see you guys. Sorry we had to cut the visit short we were super busy all weekend. It was so great to see you guys. Hopefully it wont be that long again before we all get to meet up.