Sunday, November 28, 2010

39 hours

Here is what I covered in 39 hours...

ThAnKsGiViNg!
This year was our year with my family and we went down to Nephi for the festivities with my Dad's family. He is one of TEN children so you can imagine the group we get together with! Because of size, we have dinner at the church. Not quite the "homey" feeling I like, but it's about the only option. It's fun to see the Painter cousins because I don't see them that often.
Baylor knows exactly who to go for when he wants a treat...
my Dad! He has him wrapped around his little finger :)
B was a big fan of the pie!
He got to play and be wild.
My sisters Leanne and Michelle, my aunt Marjorie, and of course me
After the food and fun we headed up to Salt Lake to begin the best part of Thanksgiving.
We have a tradition with my mom and her sisters to go shopping on Black Friday. Even when my Grandma Doris was really sick with cancer, she still went and we pushed her in a wheel chair! We are pretty hard core :) We met at my mom's house at 9:00 to look at ads and eat goodies. We used to do this and then sleep until about 4:00 am but now that stores are getting all crazy on us, we headed up to Toys R Us at 10:00 pm. NO SLEEPING.
To say it was freezing is an UNDERSTATEMENT.
We shopped for a solid 13 hours. WOW. Then we finished by eating at our usual spot, Chili's.
By this point it was safe to say that I was TIRED. However, I had a full day ahead of me. I had to run up to my mother-in-law's to get Baylor and head down to Nephi AGAIN for my Grandparent's 80th birthday open house. I had to stop in Orem and buy a Monster and sunflower seeds to help keep me awake. (Russ is MIA because he had to work)
Happy 80th Grandma Zoma and Grandpa Jim!
And for the icing on the cake, I got to see my friend Callie who lives in Maui!
We made plans months ago to go to the Jazz game before she had to go home. Her hubby Fernando had never been to an NBA game before, so it was fun to be there with them. Especially since they were playing the Lakers!
The game was SO AWESOME! I LOVE beating Kobe and crew.
B brought his usual "Go Jazz" spirit
And we had a flippin blast getting to catch up.
So in 39 hours, I covered quite a bit of ground. We walked in from the game and as soon as Baylor's jammies were on and he was in bed, I was in mine dreaming away. And I stayed there until 10:30 the next day :)

4 comments:

Newton said...

Holy cow!!! That's a crazy fun 39 hours! And you look great through all of it!

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

Wow, super busy! Hope you got some killer deals black friday shopping. We sure did.

Robert and Ashley said...

That was a super busy 39 hours! We were in Heber and wanted to see you guys, but ended up getting the stomach flu (our luck right on Thanksgiving week) so we never ended up calling. I ended up doing black friday with my brother and some cousins for the first time and got some awsome deals though! Hope you did too and from the sound of it I bet you did. =)

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

Killer deals + a win against Kobe = PURE BLISS!!!!