Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Ho Ho Ho

We were all pretty excited for Christmas this year...
Little did Baylor know, his "horse" was actually WAY better opened :)
But it's a good thing he didn't know to open them, or our tree would have set empty until Christmas. Lucky for us he left them alone. Or rode them.
To begin the festivities we had a party with my college friends on the 23rd. We got together with our hubbies and kids at my friend Mekensy's house. We had just sat down for dinner when B ran up to the tall chair I was sitting on and slammed his mouth. His tooth went completely through the skin under his lip. It was awful, no matter how strong I tried to be I just teared up because I could tell it was bad. Luckily Baylor's pediatrician is married to my friend and was there! I went right over to him and heard the words, "yep he's needs some stitches. Should we go?" He zoomed us right down to the clinic and ended up gluing it shut. It was not how I wanted to start the holidays but I can't begin to tell you how thankful I was that "Doctor Dallen" was there exactly when we needed him! It is healing great and you can hardly even see it.
He was back to his spunky little self the next morning and we met my family for Christmas Eve bowling. We had a blast!!! This was the first year Russ didn't have to work so it was great having him there with us.

We went back to my parents' house and made our traditional candy trains. I make these with my class every year and a few years ago we began the tradition with my family too. B got to make his own this year. He ate as much as actually made it on the train but we had fun together.
He would frost a little and then lick the stick, repeat... especially the licking part. He even started picking things back up and getting the frosting underneath it because he knew it was there.
Christmas morning Santa delivered.
The look on B's face was absolutely priceless as he ran out of his room.
He immediately ran to his Mickey and gave it a big squeeze. This boy LOVES Mickey.
Then he spotted the hoop!!! He and Dad put it to use right away.

He loves these little craft pom poms. He plays with some at my Mom's house and was thrilled to find some in his stocking and has played with them A LOT!

He got a sLiDe...
Wwweeeeeee.
Grandpa Bill arrived just in time to help Russ put it together. It's about 3 1/2 feet tall and B loves it.
My favorite gift was a new Mac. YAY!
Russ got a new ski coat, gloves, xbox games, and this super duper calendar I made him.
We gave wild thing some new Toy Story legos and figures.
We all got spoiled again at my Mom and Dad's. B got his first bike. He was so anxious to help put it together.
And we were spoiled yet again at Russ's Mom and Dad's.
This is sweet little Brooklyn giving Baylor a kiss.
The best part of all was spending time with family.
I hope you were all filled with as much love this holiday season as we were.

2 comments:

Newton said...

WOW such a fun Christmas! I've decided that your house is the best at holidays!!
It's fun having Baylor know what it's all about this year!

Robert and Ashley said...

How fun that you guys get to have 3 christmas's in one day! Looks like Baylor had a very exciting christmas.
and his poor mouth! That is so sad, how horrible that that had to happen especially durring the holidays, but at least he had all the fun toys and people around him to forget about the pain.