Tuesday, January 31, 2012

Going Bananas

Our sweet, monkey boy Baylor turned 3 on the 19th! So what better way to celebrate than by throwing him a MoNkEy BiRtHdAy BaSh!
My sister designed this fun invitation...
Baylor seriously counted down the days until his party. He was so excited for his "friends" aka cousins to come celebrate with him. On multiple days he made some pretend phone calls on his toy story phone inviting a few of them to come. He even helped me make some of the decorations. He can run the cricut now :)
The picture banner has pictures of him from birth to now...
It was so fun for me to look back through pictures and see how he has changed.


We asked his guests to bring an item to place in a time capsule for B.
He gets to open it on his 18th birthday!

Monkey See, Monkey Do!
We had a yummy chicken taco/nacho bar

He got so many fun presents...
I had to include the one opening the clothes because his reaction was so cute. I figured he would open it, see clothes, and chuck it- but he was excited! It was probably the Woody pajamas and Mickey shirt that got him :)
A few of his favorites were his work bench, his vtech d.j. table, and his singing sock monkey. Russ was also lucky enough to get him this basketball signed by all of the Jazz players! He got to go to a special signing night and we thought it was perfect for Baylor. I'm sure he will appreciate it even more when he gets older.
Along with his cake and cupcakes, I decided to try some cake pops...
pretty sure we won't be having them again any time soon...
they were cute but they were a big pain in the monkey butt :)
The cute birthday boy!
Making a wish and blowing out the candles!
Hooray for birthday treats!
He was so excited for the favor table

All the kids got their own bag and a mini monkey :)
I wrote a little poem that was attached...

Here's a little monkey
I hope makes you think of me,
And helps you to remember
All the fun when I turned three!

Then they got to hit up the treat station!!!
Nothing like sending your guests home on a sugar high!


We LOVE you BAYLOR!
Happy 3rd Birthday!
Alexis slept through the whole party
Not that she was laying down... everyone was happy to hold her.
And I wish this picture showed her shirt better- she's rockin' a sock monkey shirt :)
I sure love my kiddos!

4 comments:

Robert and Ashley said...

what a fun party!! The decorations looked amazing, he looked like he had so much fun! It is so crazy to think our kiddo's are three (well makayla in a few weeks) time goes by so fast! We all need to get together again soon!!

Maranda said...

You really know how to throw a party! Looks like it was so much fun. Baylor looks so grown up. I think this age is so fun. I can actually reason a little bit Kamryn and she likes to help. It makes life a lot easier. Happy Birthday Baylor!!!

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

Happy Birthday to my Baylor Bud!! I am so glad we got to celebrate with you. Everything was so darling :)

Sean and Mekensy said...

I can't believe Baylor is 3!!!! Oh my gosh, his party turned out ADORABLE!!!! I'm so glad you posted pictures. I was dying to see it after we talked about it! And can you say SUPER MOM! How did you throw such an amazing party with a brand new baby and starting back to work?!?!?! You just AMAZE me!