Sunday, March 11, 2012

One Fish, Two Fish

"Today you are You, that is truer than true.
There is no one alive who is Youer than You."

On March 2 it was Dr. Seuss' birthday!!!
My school celebrated all week, with our big celebration on read across America day- in honor of Dr. Seuss. This year I decided we needed to celebrate at home because we LOVE Dr. Seuss at our house! My sister had asked me to watch Aspen and Cruz for her so it worked out perfect that they got to come party with us. Baylor always loves having them over.

Of course we had green eggs and ham for dinner...
and because we couldn't dye the ham, we made our waffles green :)
Baylor, Cruz, and Russ wouldn't touch the green eggs,
but Aspen and I thought they were de-lish. We also drank "Thing 1 and 2" punch
Aspen was so cute. She had my sister fix her hair like a "who" and make a shirt. I wish I got a picture of the back- it said Happy Birthday Dr. Seuss with all of her favorite books written on it.

"A person's a person, no matter how small."
We read lots of our favorite stories...
We tried to make Cat in the Hat "hats" out of treats...
And thanks to pinterest, we made handprint "things"
Even Alexis got to play
Before bed we watched the old Lorax...
And most importantly- we had good old fashioned FUN together!

"The more that you read, the more things you will know.
The more that you learn, the more places you'll go."


"You have brains in your head. You have feet in your shoes. You can steer yourself any direction you choose. You're on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the one who'll decide where to go..."

Thanks for the magic Dr. Seuss.
We love your stories

1 comment:

Sean and Mekensy said...

I'm so glad you did this! One of the things I miss most about teaching is celebrating all of the fun holidays. And I completely had Stella celebrate Dr. Seuss day this year! Of course our celebration wasn't nearly as cute as yours. You are such an AMAZING mom!

Sorry we never planned our play date. Stella came down with a cold. I didn't want her to get you guys sick. So hopefully she can kick it by the time you go off track and then we can have LOTS of fun play dates:)