Wednesday, March 17, 2010

LUCKY

We celebrated St. Patty's on Sunday with my family. My mom made her annual corned beef and cabbage dinner (which is actually really yummy) and the "leprechauns" left the kids a treasure hunt. I bought Baylor this funny hat a while back and was looking forward to him getting to wear it. My dad doesn't call me the 'disneylander' for nothing :)

A wee bit o' huntin'
Reading the next clue with Grandpa
The race to the next clue...
And B trying to keep up...
Wait guys, I'm coming!!!
The last clue led them to the bathtub. They each found a fun sack with their name on it. Leprechauns leave the best treasure :)
Even Cruz got a bag, he just snoozed during the hunt. Baylor absolutely loves him. He will go over and look at him or take him something like a toy. Before too long they will be partners in crime.
And of course, we celebrated in style today. B got to sport his new "SHAM ROCKER" tee. I wish they made it in my size ;)
I feel quite LUCKY myself, to be able to come home to this.
You can call it luck, you can call it blessed. Whatever you call it, I'm grateful for IT all.
Happy St. Patrick's Day! May the luck of the Irish be with you all year.

5 comments:

Maranda said...

I never knew anybody to actually celebrate St. Patrick's Day like that! I don't even think I wore green yesterday....Man, am I a party pooper! Baylor looks awesome in his St. P Day gettup. Too Cute!

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

Love his hat, that is adorable!! I didn't know this was an annual event at the Painter household, so fun!

Lyns said...

How cute is your mom? Baylor is so adorable.

Newton said...

The whole time I was reading your post I was wishing we spent this day at your house!! How fun! And yes, I LOVE Pollyanna!!

Brandon and Amanda Brady said...

What a fun tradition!! Way cute pictures too!