Thursday, April 15, 2010

Like a fine wine...

...these sweaters only get better with age.
A few months ago we went to an "ugly sweater" party and I never got the chance to post it. I am proud to say that my beautiful sweater came straight from momma Jewels! Luckily she holds onto random stuff like this "just in case" one of us needs it. I had many turtlenecks to choose from, but I went with the cardinal red :)

The best part... I WON! Please believe that my sweater was voted the best :) The girl who took second place had some nice country blue chickens on her sweater so it was a close race...

It was a lot of fun. My only regret is that I didn't get a group picture. If anyone else has an ugly sweater party, make sure to invite us... there's plenty more where these came from! And my other thought... if I put my clothes away and get them out in 15 years, is Baylor going to ask to borrow them for an "ugly" party???

4 comments:

Newton said...

You guys look good!! And yes, I always wonder that about my clothes! It's seems strange that in a couple years we will look back and wonder what we were thinking.

Jordan and Shannon said...

How sad is this, my sister owned that exact sweater! I've worried many a times about my clothes becoming "ugly", so rather than being trendy, I have succomed to being "Plain Jane". Jeans and a t-shirt will never go out of style, right?

Jakoye said...

Wow...I can totally see why you won!!!! Too funny, Lisa's family holds an ugly sweater party, and the sweaters they sport are pretty hilarious too!!!

callie.bottero said...

Kristen I think you pull it off nicely!! LOL Russ on the other hand should steer clear of sweaters all together! Love you!