Sunday, June 6, 2010

Yesssss


Last week we reached a huge milestone at the Olsen house... Russ graduated with his MBA from Westminster!!! YAHOO!!! He technically is still finishing 2 classes which will be over at the end of July, but we are still ecstatic anyway. He has been a real trooper the past 2 years. He would work 10 hours and then go straight to class for 3 more, getting home around 10 p.m. Then on days he didn't have class, it was homework or studying. For anyone who doesn't know Russ well, he is a perfectionist. I have never seen anyone do homework, write papers, or study like he does. I was impressed and baffled time and again by his work ethic and I'm so proud of him for all of his hard work. I am very excited for him to be finished as well, because he's been in school since I was pregnant with Baylor. It will be so nice to have him home with us.

On Thursday, there was a pinning ceremony for all the MBA graduates. It was held at the Grand America. We left B at home for this one.
Russ receiving his pin.
Westminster MBA Grads 2010
Where's Russo???
Saturday morning we had a nice breakfast down at the College. It was fun to see where he's been going to school. The campus is really nice. Both of our parents were able to come with us too.

Then it was off to the E Center for the graduation ceremony. Baylor was NOT a fan. He decided he didn't want to listen to the speakers or all of the graduates so we hung out in the hallway. Super fun, especially since it lasted THREE HOURS!!! Even better, they gave diplomas to the MBA grads LAST. So we couldn't leave early. The time finally came and we got to head back inside to cheer on our guy.
YAY RUSS!!!

My father-in-law took Baylor down before the exit procession so B got to walk with all the grads. The professors all loved him and you could see the smile of Russ' face from a mile away.


Afterwards, we had a celebration BBQ with friends and family and Russ' parents' house.

At Disneyland I made Russ take a picture in this hat. Especially since we went to Disneyland as an early graduation celebration trip. I've decided we should probably go back after July, just to make it official ;) What do you think Russ???
WaY To Go RuSs!
I am so proud of you for all of your hard work. I can't wait for you to actually be able to come home at night!!!

6 comments:

Jordan and Shannon said...

That's awesome! I have tried to block out Jordan's MBA days in my mind because let's just say that though my husband has many great qualities, doing his homework dutifully was not one of them! I felt like his mom for the first two years of our marriage. How nice that Russ will get to have sweet, sweet family time now. Congrats!

Lyns said...

What a great accomplishment! Congrats!

Amanda said...

I didn't know that!!! Congrats Russ!! That's AWESOME!!!!!

carolee said...

YAAAAYYYY!!! What an accomplishment!

Bethany said...

CONGRATS!!! I can't wait until this exact same post is on, well, MY BLOG!!! I can only imagine the relief! Congratulations to both of you and I know it takes hard work on both ends! He needs to give you a graduation gift as well... which would be a Disneyland trip in July... I totally agree!

Unknown said...

Congrats Russ! I don't know how Matt and he did it. Matt is exactly the same way. No matter how many hours of work he puts in, his school work has to be perfect as well. I am so glad they are both done! Now we can have our hubby's back and have us some fun! Great to see you at the graduation and pinning ceremony. We need to get together soon. And I can't forget - Baylor is such a cutie!! :)