Wednesday, August 25, 2010

It's a wrap

I am finally bringing our Cali trip to an end. Here are the last highlights of our vacation...

We had a blast swimming with Braxton and Aspen in the swimming pool.
Baylor LOVES his cousins. They constantly make him smile.
After we got done swimming, we all just relaxed by the pool for a while. I LOVE hooded towels. Almost as much as footy pajamas.
And then we hit the beach. Braxton had a day off so he got to come with us. We went to Manhatten Beach and it was fabulous. I did however, learn just how hard it is to PULL, not push a stroller through sand. It was impossible to push it, so I got a serious leg workout pulling it to our spot. We had so much stuff to bring down there that it was easier that way. Anyone with children knows what it's like going somewhere. You practically have to bring the house (or suitcase).

B had so much fun playing in the sand. He and Aspen built some great sandcastles.
And then he got brave and we were all playing at the edge of the water. My sister was taking pictures of the kids and was taking pics of Baylor when he tripped and went tumbling. I don't know how he did it, but he face planted in the sand and then was so startled I swear he did a flip over. It was not only traumatizing for him, it was for me :(
Because Michelle was taking pictures of him right when it happened, we got the aftermath on camera... It's almost too sad to even post, but I had to share. His poor little face was covered in sand, like sugar on a churro :(
Once I finally got him all cleaned off and settled down, he spent the remainder of the day in his Buzz towel. Can I just mention that I think this towel is THE BOMB. One of my favorite finds this summer :D
And my last request on the day Baylor and I were going home was to drive up to the Hollywood sign. Thanks to my amazing GPS (whom I named Roberta on the trip) we drove right to the sign. It was 2.2 miles from our condo, but it took some serious winding through the Hollywood hills to get there. There was an amazing view and a Lake which I cannot remember the name of, but it was really cool. There are lots of celeb homes, and after the drive to get there I officially think they are crazy. I would NEVER wind and drive up and down that hill to get to my house. Okay, maybe if I were super rich and had a driver :) Anyhow, here's the one and only...
My superstar, Braxton
I couldn't resist
This is how excited Baylor was to see the sign. He opted out. Notice the collection in his lap. He always has to hold at least 2 things in the car. His requests never cease to make me smile.
And here's my sweet Brax. After his month long camp with Adrian R'Mante and several other actors, he did 2 performances at the Elephant Room (I think that's what it's called). It's just off Hollywood Boulevard, but it was for agents and managers and ONE guest, so I didn't get to go :( The day after the performances my sister got two phone calls from different agents that both want to sign him. They ended up staying an extra day to meet with both of them. She is still struggling with what to do because they want him in L.A. for pilot season which is from January to March. I'm glad it's not my decision to make, but regardless, Braxton got a once in a lifetime opportunity, met other kids from across the nation, and was trained by a TON of celebrities. He is a great kid with the sweetest heart and I am so lucky to be his aunt. I'm very proud of him.

1 comment:

Lyns said...

You're just like me. I'd rather do a thousand posts than cut down on any of my pictures. It looks like you had so much fun in Cali. LOVE the beach towels you have. My little due loves nothing more than to sit in a chair wrapped up in a towel. :) Braxton is so handsome! Hopefully he'll hit it big someday! He's definitely got the smile. :)