Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Yeehaaaaaaw

Since my last post, we have been BUSY, BUSY, BUSY! We have done so many things I didn't even know where to begin when it came to blogging, so I decided to just pick up where I left off. A few days after we got home from Bear Lake, we headed to Nephi for the annual UTE STAMPEDE!!! YeeHaw! It is something I look forward to every year and I'm proud to say I've only missed it once, and that was when I was at BYU Hawaii, impressive right :)

I must also worn you that there are A LOT of pictures and writing, because I love this weekend!
This year we stayed with my Grandma Zoma and Grandpa Jim in their Nephi home. The best feature of this house it the red shag carpet. It has been there my entire life. We used to have to RAKE it before we could vacuum it, because it's so long. I LOVE it. Baylor got to play with the toys that I used to play with. I loved this little people train growing up. They just aren't the same now.
The Mammoth Parade on Friday is our favorite parade. B kept waving at everybody and for weeks after when we would ask him what a horse says, he would wave.... lol. He was a huge fan of the candy and whenever any of the adults wanted candy they would just help Baylor get a piece and then snag some for themselves. It's the one time of year that taffy is just delicious.
We were sooooo hot during the parade. When I got in my car to leave after I understood why... it was 102 degrees! Good thing we had the mist sprayer and lots of water :)
We had a great way to cool off afterwards. My aunt Jana bought this fun swim house for her grandkids and they had it set up at my Grandpa's house. My cousin Jacey is living there right now, so we all got to go down and party in some nice, cool water.
Baylor had a blast with all of his cousins! Most of them are my cousins' kids, but our family is so close, we just think of them as cousins.
B also had a blast going down Ruger and Hunter's slides. We don't have any little slides so he just kept climbing up and going down. wahooooo
That night we hit up the carnival. I can't even begin to tell you how much I loved this growing up.
The carnival is never complete without a corndog...
Baylor also agrees.
He got to play his first game. He picked 2 ducks out and whatever size prize they had on the bottom, he got to choose. In other words- we payed 5 bucks and bought some stellar stuffed animals :) Lucky for him he chose the good size so he got a stuffed caterpillar and dog. He was in heaven. He would have been overjoyed to just keep the rubber duck though. He loves those things.
I got a kiss from prince charming on the carousel, and he was even riding a white horse.
Then it was time for my cousin Janelle and I to take a trip down memory lane and ride the legendary ZIPPER. One year we rode this thing 15 times, yes FIFTEEN. We coughed up the large sum of money that it takes to ride it now, and went for a spin- literally.
My 7 year old niece Allie is quite the little dare devil. She had been riding all the big rides and decided that she wanted to join us. We had all forgotten just how much this ride flings you around.... probably not such a good idea :(
She decided about half way through that she wanted OFF. During the entire ride Janelle and I were both strapping Allie down and not even holding on, so it was a wild and memorable ride for all of us. Allie's face was not so happy when we finally got off the ride. She was quite the trooper though.
Saturday morning my Grandma Zoma always does a luncheon for the girls in the family. This year's theme was Christmas in July. The little nativity to the side is something that my Grandma has given my sisters and I since we were little. We would get a piece for Christmas and for our birthdays. It took from the time we were little until now to complete the whole nativity. My younger cousins got quite the deal, they all got their complete nativity at the luncheon! My nativity means the world to me and it will always remind me of my Grandma. The apron my Grandma is wearing I made for her in high school home ec. so I was happy to see that she still has it :)
Saturday night it was finally RODEO TIME! When my Grandpa Forest was alive, he had a reserved box behind the chutes that he had for as long as I remember. Thankfully we still get the box for a few more years, until they put them up for auction :( LAME, but we're enjoying it while it's still ours. We are right above all the cowboys so it was fun for B to watch them and get right in the action.
A great "feature" of the box is that when they go out of the chutes and start bucking, poop flies at us. This year it got us worse than ever. It was just fantastic when it got on my seat.
Then I looked down and found it on my arm. When I tried to "brush" it off, it SMEARED!!! So nasty. Thank goodness for baby wipes.
B loves Grandma Ju Ju (that's what he calls her, it's so cute)
My one day a year cowboy
Me and my sees Leanne
This stampede was a BLAST! Until next year's "Yippie"!!!

7 comments:

Lyns said...

SOOOOOO cute! I was so mad to miss it this year. :( I LOVE love the pictures of you and B on the carousel. Cutest thing ever. I used to ride the Zipper like crazy when I was younger. Pretty much the coolest ride ever. Now to even THINK about riding it makes me want to hurl. :)

Robert and Ashley said...

Wow you guys have been super busy and looks like your summer has been such a blast! Love all the pictures!!!

Jordan and Shannon said...

What a fun tradition! You have an amazingly close family, I am very envious. (I also am coveting that awesome swimming pool!) The picture of B kissing you on the carousel is classic!

Maranda said...

Looks like you guys had a really great time! I love things that become fun traditions. I wish Kamryn would sit through a rodeo. Maybe I don't give her enough credit, but she does not have the best attention span. Only when it comes to Shrek! haha

Ben and Jenny Cox said...

I love your pics! I'm just glad that Russ is man enough to get himself dressed up in some cowboy apparel. The Ute Stampede is such a fun tradition & I'm glad you get to involve Baylor in it too. You have such a cute little family!

Jakoye said...

Loved the pictures!! And most of all, I am so very glad that I got to see you when you were here. You are such a great friend, andyou have such a cute lil' family!

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

Ok so I know you hear this all of the time, but I just have to say that Baylor looks exactly like Russ in the first picture!! Spitting image! Normally I think he looks like a good mix but maybe it is just his facial expression in that one.
Looks like fun. I guess poo is a little more traumatizing when it is not coming from your baby! ha ha