Saturday, August 21, 2010

On the Boardwalk...

Another of our Cali adventures took us to Long Beach. We found the neatest little boardwalk/harbor.
I'm pretty sure Baylor had more fun on this 50 cent horse than on the rides at Disneyland :) I had an equal amount of fun watching him.
We found an authentic Zoltar machine. One word for you... BIG.
We also found the coolest hat shop. We had a blast trying on hats and laughing at each other. I found a super cute hat for B that he will be debuting in his next picture session. (not the one below) It will be a surprise :)
Grandma Ju Ju modeling "the crow"
This hat is totally perfect for him now that he is OBSESSED with the hot dog song from Mickey Mouse Club House.
And doesn't this one make you want to do the chicken dance???
Then we hit the beach. B finally enjoyed playing in the sand. These waves were a lot more calm than when we were in Laguna in May, so he wasn't at all nervous.
He loved watching the HUGE freight boats and cruise ships. If you look hard you can see them in the distance. The Queen Mary is one of them.
I tried dipping him in the ocean, but he thought it was a little too chilly (and he was right) and he curled up like a potato bug :)
Love him
I'm ALMOST done posting California- then I can get on to everything else that I am SO behind on!

5 comments:

Newton said...

I love the "potato bug" picture! And the new one of B at the top of your blog is adorable! Did your sis take it?

Russ and Kristen Olsen said...

Yes Julie, Michelle took it. Lucky for us she does ALL of our pics! Next time you are in Utah you will have to have her take some pictures of your little lady! We can't wait for her to get here!

Sean and Mekensy said...

I'm so glad you were able to go down to Cali and spend time with your fam!!! It looks like you guys had a blast!!!! I wouldn't expect anything less with your family :-) Such cute pictures! By the way I LOVE the movie Big... good times:) I was so sad I didn't get to watch Baylor the other day. We need to get together soon so I can see him and not to mention that I'm missing you!

Robert and Ashley said...

The hat shop looks like it would be so entertaining! haha they were so funny. Cant wait to see the new hat in the pictures to come. =)

Maranda said...

You have no idea how fun the beach sounds to me right now! I can't wait until we can take Kam. She would love it also. BTW, I really like the picture of B at the top of the blog!