Monday, September 27, 2010

My Happy Place/ Russ' nightmare

A couple of weeks ago we took a trip to the mall. (Hence the title of the post) Baylor had a crazy growth spurt and needed some new kicks. I always splurge on his shoes, because I think it's important that little ones have good support while they are developing so we headed to Nordstrom. :) He was way more interested in the colorful crocs than the sneakers...
Up to this point I've always known what size to buy him, but this time he got the royal treatment just to be sure. I didn't dare take a picture of the girl helping us :D
He really didn't care about the shoes, but was thrilled about his "blellow." That's one word we haven't mastered yet, but not gonna lie, I think blellow could be the new balloon.

Shoe Love is True Love (or so I like to think)
Then we headed to Build-a-Bear! This time it wasn't for us, but for a special present for B's cousin Brooklyn. She turned one on the 13th and I wanted to get her something special... so WE had a great idea.... to make her a birthday bear!

Baylor got to pick the heart and put it inside...
Give her a bath...
And name her.
We named her Cupcake, because the theme of Brooklyn's birthday was cupcakes and the little shirt we picked had a cupcake on it. Clever I know ;)
The final product (minus the pink bows we put on at the end)
We had a fun trip to the mall and Baylor was so happy to give the present to little Brooklyn on her birthday. I'm just sad I didn't get a picture of him handing it to her! It was so cute.

And don't worry- Baylor was totally terrified of the "fluff" machine at build-a-bear. But I censored the pictures and only put the happy ones.

2 comments:

Newton said...

That seems like such a fun day. Boys just don't see the sweet bonding in a day like that!!

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

What a thoughful gift, thanks again!
If Baylor is missing Cupcake, he can come visit anytime!!