Saturday, June 26, 2010

REAL good time

I can't lie- Soccer is not my favorite sport. The last soccer game I went to was my nephew Braxton's when he was 4... he's 13. I tolerate it on t.v. for Russ because he likes it. (I can't however tolerate the stupid vuvuzelas. The annoying bee sounding horns, but that's a whole different post) BUT when Russ asked if I wanted to go watch Real play I was game. I always like getting out and thought Baylor might like it. His work was going so we got to go with our friends Matt and Jaron.
It's not too hard to get B excited. He loves a good adventure.
Walking in to the game.
Russ brought B this jersey back from Brazil when he went last year. I'm pretty sure he started loving soccer when he served his mission in Rio. He was sporting a jersey too.

And we couldn't leave without a new ball :)
So at the end of the game, I still didn't LOVE it, but I understand the game more now. We had fun but it's not my favorite sport. I do appreciate how hard the game is... I wouldn't last one run down the field :) But I'm always up for a game, GO REAL!

4 comments:

Robert and Ashley said...

Looked like you all had a good time. I'm not a huge sports fan (like you are) but I do like going to most live games. T.V games not so interesting to me. =) I'm super excited to see you guys this weekend. Cant wait to meet Baylor! =)

Lyns said...

B looks so cute. I have to say, I really hate soccer too. That buzzing sound drives me bonkers! Randy says it's just part of the fun of the game. Whatever. :) Anway, with that said, I did actually enjoy the world cup. Just sayin'. :)

Brian and Britnie Olsen said...

Agreed, I am not much of a soccer fan myself but I don't mind going to live games.
Hmmm...I wonder what Baylor saying as they were kicking the BALL up and down the field!!

Unknown said...

I cannot believe your nephew is 13! I remember meeting him when you were down at school and he was little. That makes me feel so old!!